Competitive Home Decor

Beautiful Inspiration from Wicked and Weird for clean fresh bright bathroom
Click to see source on Pinterest

It finally is starting to feel like fall around here, which is great.  Not great because I love fall, (November is the most miserable month of the year, in my opinion), but because with the lovely warm September and October, I found myself outside watching the kids in the playground, going for bike rides and walks, and generally soaking up every last morsel of sun and warmth like someone scarfs down caramel cheesecake knowing she is starting a diet the next day.

beautiful living room inspiration from Wicked and Weird for rich saturated colour
Click to see source on Pinterest
The cool rainy weekend spent inside revved up my nesting instincts again, but more importantly forced me to acknowledge the house reno/flip next door that has been going on all summer is coming to a close, and that said house is starting to put our house to shame. As they paint the trim and stucco the foundation, I suddenly notice all our cracked paint and crumbling mortar.  As they spray the ceiling of the front porch a nice clean grey, I see that ours is yellowed and peeling.  As they landscape the back yard, I realize that I haven't weeded in months and my outdoor rug looks like the bottom of a shoe.  By the time they list the house it will no doubt be clear to me that have no choice but to undertake a COMPLETE OVERHAUL OF OUR HOUSE.

... funny, the hubster is on the other side of town, but I could swear I just heard him groaning...?

Anyway, hopefully this new-found competition/inspiration will result is some fun blogging.  In the meantime I leave you with some of my more recent Pinterest pins, because a blog post with no images is a sad blog post indeed, and I ain't showing you my house beside their house.

beautiful dark kitchen window with brass hardware from Wicked and Weird
Click to see source on Pinterest
Click to see source on Pinterest
Emily Henderson living room inspiration from Wicked and Weird
Click to see source on Pinterest
Emily Henderson bedroom inspiration found on Wicked and Weird
Click to see source on Pinterest

13 comments:

  1. It's funny you mention cheesecake because I just had a ton of it on the weekend...all before my new pre-wedding diet! :) I love the second photo of the dark wall with antlers. I just purchased a pair and haven't decided how to hang them yet.

    I'm looking forward to what your new-found inspiration will bring on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that plaid chair in that living room... Amazing. There's nothing like a little neighbourly competition as motivation – but remember comparison is the thief of joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love that brass faucet. <3
    I just glanced around my living room after reading this post. I need to paint. And I need a new couch. And lamp. Oh my, it's a slippery slope ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA, yup - slippery like vaseline on linoleum!! :) Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise words Heather - one of my favourite quotes - and you are totally right! I'll try to keep it all positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I can SO relate to this post. If you think comparing your house to you neighbours is bad - imagine living in a building where 12 units are laid out exactly the same as yours - the only difference is how the owners have decorated. EVERY time I go to a board meeting (we alternate hosting) I come back with some new scheme to change something in my place.
    I knew being a board member was a volunteer position - I didn't realise it could be so expensive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man Michelle, I can only imagine! I would kind of love that though - having the same layout would be like a puzzle and it would be fun to see how other people put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Pinterest inspiration! My neighbours did some repairs on their foundation stucco this year, and I am totally feeling like we need to get that done... although, I know my new bathroom puts theirs to shame (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The more I see dark walls the more I think our bedroom needs a dark accent one. And I never have to be sold on any grey decor. I love grey in design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could happily live in any one of those rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. once and awhile I come across a unit for sale or rent with my layout (there are under 10 units like mine) and I EXAMINE every inch! hahaha #condoliving

    ReplyDelete
  12. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Concept to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 12-23 Pounds in Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - they always make my day!